Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

I did not predict 52-49 this year...Ohio State vs. IU

0 HS
Large Father's picture
October 2, 2015 at 9:43pm
13 Comments

Tressels, Fickells and Urbans,

It seems as if every road game for Ohio State becomes the biggest home game in (insert name of opponent here) football history.  

The 2006 Ohio State - Iowa game was one of the most anticipated match-ups at Kinnick Stadium in decades.  Troy Smith threw for four touchdowns.  

In 2007, the Buckeyes traveled all the way to Seattle to take on Washington in Husky Stadium - renowned as one of the loudest stadiums in the country.  Beanie and Brandon Saine led a 250-yard rushing attack.  

Last season, visited Byrd Stadium to take on new Big Ten foe, Maryland.  JT threw for four touchdowns.

...and a few weeks ago in Blacksburg, Braxton scored twice and made the spin move a nationwide topic.   

Now, Ohio State travels over to Bloomington where the road match-up with the Hoosiers is typically essentially another home game.  Even this weekend, I think much of the stadium will be Scarlet and Gray.  It's the first time the two teams have met both undefeated since the 1950s.  IU fans were lobbying ESPN to make Indiana's campus the site of College Gameday for this match-up.  

Last Saturday against NIU, we saw some signs of life from the OSU offense.  Urban's "power of the unit" motivational philosophy requires each of the 9 team units (defensive line, offensive line, QBs, etc) to have a deep personal commitment to their small group.  Players and their position coach leader need to have complete trust and respect for one another.  The two units that have been weakest early this season (i.e. O-line and QBs) experienced change related to their assistant coach leader in the offseason.  The QBs are now coached by Tim Beck...and the offensive line saw their unit coach (Ed Warinner) taking on additional responsibility with his elevation to offensive coordinator.  I think those units are beginning to potentially find their "power of the unit" cohesion as the year progresses...and their play was much better as a result last weekend.

The game tomorrow is billed as a big one...as is every road game for Ohio State. I would love to see the Buckeyes put on a show for those making the trip over to Bloomington!  

Touchdowns:  Zeke, Zeke, Braxton, Braxton, Jalin, Curtis Samuel, Mike Thomas

OSU 52 IU 19

Go Bucks!  Beat IU!  Josh Perry for Heisman! 

Stout Pops

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 13 Comments