Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

True Freshman Starting in 2016

0 HS
bignut2017's picture
September 30, 2015 at 1:53pm
28 Comments

I remember a few weeks ago on this site an article was written saying Ohio State really didn't lose a whole lot of people from last years team. We lost Jeff Heuerman, Devin Smith, Evan Spencer, Daryl Baldwin, Mike Bennett, Curtis Grant, and Doran Grant. At TE, RT, MLB, and CB there was a guy who everyone knew could play and would start. Next year however we are losing a ton of guys in Decker, Boren, and Farris for sure, also potentially losing Elflein and Price on the OL. We will most likely lose Cardale Mike Thomas, Joey Bosa, Zeke, and possibly Apple and Vonn Bell. Than we will lose Corey Smith, Nick Vannett, Tommy Schutt, Joshua Perry, and Tyvis Powell. 

That simply to me seems like a ton of guys. Are there any true freshman that could come in and definently compete for a starting spot. I believe that Kereem Walker will play but not start as some people expect. However I see two defensive linemen playing significant time. I think that Nick Bosa will see time at DT and DE. I think that Jonathon Cooper will be a total stud. I know it's different level talent but he looks unblock able in some high school games. I also can see Alex Mack producing early at Wideout. 

Do you guys think any true freshman will contribute next year? If so who?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 28 Comments