Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Reasoning for Cardale?

0 HS
BuckeyeGrownFloridaLiving's picture
September 24, 2015 at 3:30pm
56 Comments

I want to preface this by saying: I have full confidence in Urban and will only begin to panic if we struggle this week against Western Michigan. Urban may not believe in excuses but I'd be lying if I said I didn't and I attribute the sluggish performances to the short week and then the odd front. No excuse this time around and the staff should be very prepared for any odd fronts and I'm confident they will, we have the best coach in America on our side.

Now, here is what I don't understand, and I've seen a few comment on it but I thought it was worthy of it's own forum topic, consider this quote: "“Just like any position, if someone replaces you, they gotta beat you out,” - Urban Meyer.

Can someone explain this to me? It seems like Urban is completely contradicting himself here.. If someone replaces you (Cardale replaces JT), they (Cardale) have to beat you out", but yet all I have heard him say is that JT has not beat out Cardale, but I can't for the life of me recollect a quote that has said Cardale has beat out JT or even has said that Cardale moves the offense better or something to that effect. Every rationale I have heard is that JT hasn't beat out Cardale, and that, just in all honesty, kind of lame. If Cardale is doing better, awesome. But to my recollection, JT beat out Cardale in fall camp of 2014 and that was the last time one of them won out. 

I love you Urban and I'll ride with you wherever you take the team, but you're really confusing me on this one.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 56 Comments