Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

OK, OK just hear me out! My theory

0 HS
UrbanStunner88's picture
September 21, 2015 at 1:19pm
52 Comments

OK so first off I'd just like for us all to take a second, step back from it all.  Take a deep breath, ahhh doesn't that feel better?  3 weeks into the season and based on the subjects and comments in this forum you might think our season might actually be in trouble.  Allow me to tell you that's its all going to be fine,  the world not ending, and yes this team is still something special to behold.  

Now on to my theory....and this theory starts with who else? The captain of the ship, the master motivator/manipulator Ubran F. Meyer.  UFM is in a class of his own in terms of success at a relatively young career as head coach.  A true meteroic rise in the world of College Football.  He hasn't obtained his revvered stature just by X's and O's.  No no no this man has the uncanny ability to make each and everyone of his players believe they can be their best with him and the results have proved that.  That's why after watching the NIU game I came up with this theory and yes maybe I should put the bong down but hear me out!

This team before the season was the universal favorite to win out.  Crush every opponent by 99+ points. Basically a dream team of College Football.  Our players and fans have been getting fat on attention and praise.  Big head float and they can float high out of reach.  So what does UFM do? He intentionally tanks these past two games.  Wait what? That's blasphemy you say? How dare i? Well it all's comes back to the master motivator himself.  He sees this team with almost unlimited potential on both sides of the ball but most especially with this offense.  Playmakers left and right, some our more supporting players could be all American starters at lesser universities.  Our offense on paper looks like Kobe beef on steroids.  Urban knows this and he knows the pressure that can come with expectations, and also complacency.  How do you fight complacency? You show your team that you are not infallible, you are not unbeatable.  You must earn it every time you step on the field.  I believe Urban his intentionally sabotaged these past two games offensive game plans in order to make this team hungry.  

Think about it.  We started off hot against VT, we were ready for whatever they threw at us.  This was an easy game to get up for.  Revenge on the one blemish from last year's historic season.  I think we can all say that we have not seen the same team these past two weeks and its by UFM's design. We know we are going to beat Hawii and NIU with relative ease, so why not tank the play calling a bit in order to reign our players in.    I imagine all the players in the locker room sitting around after Saturdays game scratching their heads and wondering, "maybe we aren't so great" and you know who comes into save the day?  You guessed it UFM!  I think he uses these two games as motivators over complacency.  He will look at this team and say "you are not great, you are not unbeatable, but, you can be. If you follow me"  this is all part of his master plan.  His masterpiece. 

OK so maybe I'm reaching (in fact, most likely), maybe this theory is just my way of deluding the fact that we really did play like crap.  Obviously I have no inside track on the on goings in the locker room but you gotta admit.....it could be right? Couldn't it? Lol OK I'll put the bong down. Go Bucks!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 52 Comments