Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Urban Meyer: Great Coach, Great Recruiter, Mind-Numbingly Stupid Clock Manager

0 HS
rosycheeks's picture
September 19, 2015 at 11:25pm
23 Comments

It's a day of negativity, and most of it is pretty annoying. The way our Buckeyes have played the last two games, especially today, is certainly frustrating, but hey...we have it good.

Where I really struggle to maintain my sanity is not with the poor play, because sometimes things just don't click, and we can't expect it to be as awesome as last year all the time. But there are simply some things that there is no excuse for.

I'm not saying what everyone doesn't already know. The clock management today was inexcusably, horrifically, mind-numbingly atrocious. Snapping the ball with lots of time on the playclock multiple times at the end of the game today gave NIU an extra 30+ seconds that could have LOST THIS GAME.

Go back to Alabama and it was the same thing. The obvious stupid play was the bomb to Spencer on 1st-and-10, but even before that, Ohio State was snapping too early when they should have been bleeding clock. For as good -- no, great -- a coach as Urban is...holy cow does he have a tiny little bit of Andy Reid in him.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 23 Comments