Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Use of the word panic in comments.

0 HS
HotSauceCommittee's picture
September 15, 2015 at 9:31am
36 Comments

PANIC!!!!!!!   It is just a word. However, 11W members using the word PANIC around here has become a greater epidemic than the constant QB talk. I wanted to wait a few days to post this after the Hawaii game. If we took a count, I would place a comfortable wager on fellow posters telling other posters not to panic was near 100.

Sure, looking at last week's game, many of us where thinking "what the hell was up with our offense". Many came here to post their thoughts and frankly their concerns. What were they met with? Being told not to panic. To me, it is so frustrating and detracts from the thoughtful comments and time most posters put into their forum contributions. Honestly, it is quite rude and in many instances displays an attempt at superiority over another member. Commenting on how our QBs looked average or how WRs not named Thomas cant seem to make a play is not a sign of panic. It is an attempt to reach out to fellow Buckeye fans to discuss shortcomings, growing pains and expectations.

At times, we as posters do go one step over the edge especially after a 38-0 win - #Buckeyeproblems. We are probably all guitly of doing it at one time or another. The important thing is that they (i.e. we) come here to voice their opinions and view your thoughts. Instead of shutting down another poster with use of the word panic, lets take time to remember that you probably share some their concerns (and their Buckeye swagger) or you probably wouldn't be here alongside them.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 36 Comments