Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

a golf perspective on the offensive performance against Hawaii

0 HS
IloveSaturdays's picture
September 14, 2015 at 1:08pm
16 Comments

I've been told that trying for bogey will produce more pars/birdies than trying for birdies on every hole. Instead of gripping it & ripping it, just try to get there in 3, leave a good 2 putt. This mentality promotes control while limiting bad leaves. 

The offense on Saturday seemed like we're shooting for eagle on each hole. Cardale spent a lot of time looking for the long ball. They spread it east/west a lot more, rather than powering ahead. By the 4th Braxton wildcat play, I said "I wonder what they're going to do on this play?" 

I think they would have scored more if they just looked to keep the chains moving. There were a lot of 3rd&longs. If they played for 3rd and manageable, I feel they'd have way more production. 

The sky is not falling, they're going to be nasty this year. This time last year, pretty much every year, there's plenty of rust. Keep your head up, and try to enjoy Ohio State football, it's fun. Gotta love it when a sloppy performance brings a 38-0 outcome. Go Bucks! On to N Illinois.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 16 Comments