Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Went to game, Stadium experience and game talking points

0 HS
HotSauceCommittee's picture
September 12, 2015 at 8:41pm
29 Comments

Took my 11 year old to first game. She had a great time. I should mention I attend nearly every home game. Some quick takeaways. 1. The band was great and joined by 600 alumni band members. 2. Because of the sheer number of on-field band members it was a very watered-down performance (i.e. nothing too fancy much like the offense today). Most of the material focused on Ohio themed pieces, which I enjoyed minus the spark. 3. Much more rap / hip-hop music played throughout the game. I am 38 and enjoyed it, but it was worth mentioning because it was more than usual. 4. I don't think 75% of stadium knew who D. Russell was when they introduced him. 5. Lastly, very dead crowd. Seemed especially dead after the VT crowd and when the offense sputtered it sucked all remaining energy out if stadium. It was not intimidating at all. To be honest, I was disappointed considering it was the first time back since our title run.

To the game. 1. Offensive line looked confused and slow. Billy Price and Boren seemed to make quite a few mistakes. Sloppy play. 2. Cardale looked lost at times and made a handful of poor decisions. 3. WR couldn't get open and when they did they were wide open but not noticed by Cardale. 4. Putting Braxton in wildcat stole momentum from both QBs on multiple occasions. I am not a fan of this and the team will need to add new wrinkles. It is predictable. 5. Curtis Samuel looked really good, quick feet. Needs more touches. 6. Impressed with defense. 7. Get Michael Thomas the ball. He had one on one coverage plenty and wasn't thrown too. 8. Place went nuts when Barrett came in. Easily loudest ovation of the day. 9. Play calling needs to quit being so damn cute. Pound Zeke, get rhythm, then pass. We are doing the opposite and it's keeping us off rhythm. 10. Paris Campbell is a baller on special teams; TMC made some special teams plays. Conley looked great.

Game 2 problems, short week problems, but a lackluster Shoe and show for sure. Go Bucks!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 29 Comments