Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Turnovers ....and other worries

0 HS
Gofor2's picture
September 9, 2015 at 10:45am
70 Comments

As a life long OSU fanatic I don't know if there has been a time that I have been more excited and satisfied with what we have accomplished, and what the future looks like. We have won four games in a row that were the toughest stretch in the toughest environments that I have ever seen. But, yes there is a but, in our last 3 games we have turned over the ball 9-10 times. 9 TIMES !! That is also something I have never seen. We have been lucky that we have not lost because of it, but I feel certain that if this trend continues, and I have no reason to think it won't, that we will end up beating ourselves in a critical game with everything to lose. 

Why hasn't  the turnover issue been fixed, especially at certain control points where personnel would resolve the problem.

I don't claim to know the anwswers but I don't understand a few things.

Why would we put a RB in to field punts instead of a reciever, this seems like a obvious thing?

Cardale Jones is a physical beast, and has a terrific arm, but anyone who thinks he doesnt just put the ball up for grabs often isn't paying attention. In re-watching the VT game he threw that 1st TD to Samuel and Samuel was absolutely not open. It was only CS ability athletically that enabled the TD. If the DB was looking it could have easily gone the other way. This is not the only example of this. We have been lucky because we have some athletic and physical receivers, but it has not been a performance that feels solid. I realize that CJ's decision making has resulted in some big plays, but with tremendous risk. 

Im not saying he shouldn't be the starter, just that he is far more careless with the ball than JT.

Another concern is now two teams ( MSU and VT) have ran that mis-direction throw back play for a total of 3 touchdowns. That's what I know for sure but I also think some other teams have been able to do it to us also. I just can't remember.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 70 Comments