Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Turnovers the Past Few Games...

0 HS
CptBuckeye24's picture
September 8, 2015 at 10:44am
21 Comments

Today's game book post by Tim did a great job discussion the turnover bug that we have had the past few games. Not sure what it is but it has been an odd collection of turnovers. Fumbles are fumbles, they happen but it seems like at times we struggle with ball security. But we also struggle fielding punts and have bobbled punts going back to last season. Fortunately, this is one of the easiest problems to correct and is correctable with fundamentals and practice. I am a bit perplexed why we have struggled to field punts cleanly, especially in the big games.
As for interceptions, Cardale seems like tries to do too much with the football. And it costs sometimes. That interception last night was off of a tipped pass. But on thay play, he was throwing to a covered receiver and thus a difficult pass to complete. Cardale trusts his arm and at times maybe he trusts it too much.

I've been saying this in regards to the turnovers, they are bad breaks and a bit of bad luck. But they keep coming around. At least the turnovers are not occurring as frequently in the passing game. Cardale makes some poor decisions. Still, to this point, the turnovers have not proven to be fatal. Going forward, I expect the turnovers to be a huge talking point in practice because they are becoming a trend.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 21 Comments