Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

The skill that might get redshirt freshman WR Parris Campbell on the field Monday

0 HS
Defiance's picture
September 3, 2015 at 12:57pm
26 Comments

The debate has raged since Noah Brown suffered a season-ending leg injury... who will start opposite Michael Thomas?

Here's excerpts from the article written by Doug Lesmerises @ cleveland.com.

Forget Parris Campbell's speed for the moment. Forget his skill.

"He's big and strong and tough," Meyer said Wednesday. "And he's showing that. I love him. I think he's going to have a really fine career here."

When asked specifically about the blocking of the receivers, something that was such a big part of the offense last season, it was Campbell, a redshirt freshman, that he focused on.

"He's really coming on as far as a guy who can set the point out there," Meyer said. "He's a bigger, stronger guy. That's absolutely essential in our offense, because we play a lot of horizontal football and those (blocking receivers) are responsible for the big (plays) most of the time."

The former sprint star at St. Vincent-St. Mary is listed at 6-foot-1 and 205 pounds on Ohio State's roster, which is bigger than players like Dixon and Clark.

Speed matters to the Buckeyes and Meyer. Everyone knows that. But if you see Campbell against the Hokies, know what really got him out there.

Whomever lines up opposite Thomas on Monday will have their work cut out for them. Sounds to me like Urban might have taken a shine to one particular (redshirt) freshman. We shall see come Monday night in Blackburg.

Link to the read:

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2015/09/ohio_state_football_the_skill.html

Enjoy!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 26 Comments