Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

What New Starters Will Have the Biggest Impact vs VT?

0 HS
Ahh Saturday's picture
August 31, 2015 at 3:33pm
45 Comments

We all expect players like Zeek and Darron Lee to have an impact on the game, but which new guys will have to show up big to lead the Buckeyes to victory against a tough opponent on the road? Pick one on each side of the ball.

On offense, I'll go with Braxton Miller. Not exactly new at starting, but certainly new in this position. The team will need production from that position to win on the road and Braxton certainly has the talent and the opportunity to be a major factor in the outcome of the game. I think he breaks a long one for a TD. If the Buckeyes don't get production from the H-back and whoever starts opposite Michael Thomas, it'll be tough sledding for the offense all night.

On defense, I'll go with Sam Hubbard. Raekwon will be a starter all season, but games are won in the trenches, and Monday night we'll need whoever steps in for Bosa to fill those shoes. The O-line is generally seen as VT's main weakness, and we've heard so many good things about Hubbard that I expect he will make his presence known on Monday night. Conversely, if we're not saying great things about either Hubbard or Jalyn Holmes on Tuesday morning, Monday night might have gone a little sideways. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 45 Comments