Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Revisited: 2015-2016 Predictions - The Bold and the Not So Bold

0 HS
BGSUBucksFan's picture
August 31, 2015 at 11:24am
47 Comments

Thought it'd be fun painful to revisit these.  Strikethrough is incorrect prediction.  Bold is correct prediction.

1. JT Barrett will start  Cardale got the nod.
  2. JT Barrett will win the Heisman  Damnit, Cardale.
  3. Brionte Dunn will have his career season this year (~600 yds)  Yuck.  Ended with 91 yards.
  4. EZE will amass ~1500 yards  [Ended with 1821.  Close enough]
  5. EZE will not be invited to the Heisman ceremony  [Correct.  I took some heat for saying he would get 1500 and not get invited.  Eat crow.]
  6. Dontre Wilson will once again show promise and explosiveness only to once again have a mediocre season  Didn't show promise.  Had a less than mediocre season.  Ugh
  7. Parris Campbell will score more touchdowns than Dontre Wilson  If he didn't drop that pass against VT, this would be a correct prediction.  Ugh
  8. Braxton Miller will have a mediocre season  [601 total yards.  Decent, but was hyped for bigger things]
  9. Torrance Gibson will make some plays, but will enter the QB competition next season  Looking like he will redshirt and remain at wide receiver next year.  Way off
  10. Noah Brown will look like the next Anquan Boldin  Damnit, injuries.
  11. Curtis Samuel will struggle at the H  When he was given opportunities, I thought he looked pretty good.
  12. Mike Thomas will reach 900 yards, but will not reach 1000 yards  [Partially correct.  781.  Deserved many more targets.]
  13. Gareon Conley will prove to be a shutdown corner  [Yup.  Makes Apple's departure a little easier to take.]
  14. Vonn Bell will once again lead the team in INTs  Powell led with 3.  Bell had 2.
  15. Erick Smith, my favorite backup, will continue to be my favorite backup *sigh* (look out for his name in next year's predictions)  
  16. Tyvis Powell will once again continue to do Tyvis Powell things:  look terrible on some plays, and look like a hero on others  [Yup.]
  17. Corey Smith will once again continue to do Corey Smith things:  see #16  Damnit, injuries.
  18. Cardale will be the backup, but will still be selected in the first round by the Cleveland Browns (where he will struggle, because Cleveland Browns)  Cardale started and will likely not be selected in the first round.  Although, the Browns have surprised before...
  19. The Virginia Tech game will be a close game, with the Scarlet and Gray coming out on top, 28-24  Wasn't as close as predicted.  42-24
  20. The Buckeyes will come out flat against Northern Illinois, but will ultimately prevail, 45-35.  Bucks looked awful, winning 20-13.  I'll consider this an accurate prediction.
  21. OSU will once again struggle with Penn State wearing alternate (black) uniforms.  The masses will call for traditional uniforms for next year's matchup.  OSU handled the Nittany Lions and the black unis were voted best alternate uni in college football.
  22. TCU is going to shit on Minnesota on Thursday.  Sorry, B1G.  They won, but certainly did no shitting.
  23. Ohio State and Wisconsin will rematch in the B1G Championship.  The result will be the same, with not quite the pounding that was given last year.  Who'da thunk, Iowa-MSU?
  24. Ohio State will face TCU in the playoff semi-finals and will put on a show, winning by three touchdowns.
  25. Ohio State will face [SEC Champ] in the playoff finals and will narrowly escape for the repeat.
  26. The Fong will be spotted on TV  [I'm sure he got on there at some point, right?!]
  27. Nuernberger will lose his kicking duties to Jack Willoughby
  28. The Shoe will once again prove to not be the rockin' atmosphere it is capable of being, especially for the brutal 3-game stretch of Hawaii, Northern Illinois, and Western Michigan.  [This is embarrassing.  Ugh]
  29. Alcohol sales (beginning next season) will make it a little better.
  30. Michigan will win 9 games [Also took a lot of heat for this.  Eat crow.]

REVISITED 1/7/16:

Well, I got 12/30 (assuming Fong was spotted on TV), thanks in large part to my confidence in Barrett starting and the Bucks repeating.  I may never pick the Bucks to repeat again, unless it's a year where they lose everyone after the first 'ship.  Screw the Michigan State gameplan.  But also screw you, complacency.  I hope you die a painful death.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 47 Comments