Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

VT Home Field Advantage?

0 HS
Ahh Saturday's picture
August 28, 2015 at 11:00am
141 Comments

Look, I like Enter Sandman as much as the next 40-year-old sales manager who misses his mullet and sometimes wishes he was still in high school, and Lane Stadium certainly seems like a great gameday atmosphere, but looking over their home record over the last few years shows that plenty of teams have had success there. Last season, the Hokies dropped four games to ECU, GT, BC, and a blowout loss to Miami 30-6, not exactly murderers row. In '13 they were lost home games to Duke and Maryland, again these aren't powerhouse teams. In '12 they dropped games to Cincy and FSU, and in '11 --by far their best season in this span-- they still managed to get blown out at home by Clemson 23-3.

I'll admit that the way OSU performed in Happy Valley last year has me a little nervous about a road game in a loud and hostile environment, but winning at Lane doesn't seem to be as rare as I thought it might be. So, question for the board, how big of an impact do you expect the VT crowd have on the game? I know we've got quite a few Hokies posting here these days, and I was hoping a few might comment on the gameday environment there as well.

And now the real reason for this post:

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 141 Comments