Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

MJ CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT AND EFFECTS ON OSU FOOTBALL

0 HS
Bigmarty's picture
August 25, 2015 at 3:49pm
38 Comments

Future effect on football recruiting and eligibility of OSU players...Ohio Constitutional Amendment for "Recreational" MJ, "Commercialized" Medical MJ and Medical MJ, if any??

Since the amendment is likely to pass, the only state in the Big Ten with legalized MJ in all three(3) categories will be Ohio.  Studying Colorado, that means there will be more MJ available than presently available, it will be higher in potency(THC smoked as high as 27 to 29% compared to 3 to 6%), edibles in Med Boxes (like cigarette machines) such as Gummy Bears, M&Ms, Brownies, etc. at 99%THC.  If I am a parent how do I respond to the negative type recruiting that will come from those coaches who's colleges are located in state where such products are not available??

The NCAA and Big Ten testing standards will remain the same, I assume.  Will the considerably higher potency OHIO MJ lead to test results that stay in the system longer, thus leading to more unavailability of our players(more Va. Techs) compared to schools from other states where the potency in smoked and the availability of edibles is far less or non-existent or do we get a "credit" because we are in a minority state?  It seems unfair to UFM and the staff that they may be burdened with this until all the other states "catch up". 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 38 Comments