Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Your Stat Leaders

0 HS
Jbucks's picture
August 24, 2015 at 10:41am
23 Comments

With the Season kicking off in 2 weeks, and Buck-a-thon on ESPNU yesterday it got me thinking who would lead our team statistically, thats not the quite obvious QB or RB stats. Where do the missing Receptions, Tackles, Sacks who do you think picks those up?

Michael Thomas led in receptions with 54, i dont think he leads this year i think the Receptions leader will be Jalin Marshall the way he broke out last year, i think Urbz will want the ball in his hands via screens, bubble, and slants, also could be a huge deep threat while Thomas garners double teams. Though i do believe Braxton leads the team in Touches though, simply because Meyer will want the ball in the hands of the best playmaker in college football. I alos beliveve JDixon, and Noah Brown stepping up and leading the "Non Starters" 

Joshua Perry led the team in Tackles with 124 total tackles, which is massive though i dont expect him to lead in that category this year, id say he posts around 75-85 tackles. Raekwon "The Chef" McMillan is my tackles leader as a SOPHMORE he has a nose for the ball totaling 54 Tackles last year as a backup i could see him posting 90+ Tackles while playing starter minutes. Dante Booker, Sam Hubbard will be the guys to pick up the slack in 2nd half of games as well

Sacks/TFL- Joey Bosa led last year, Joey Bosa leads this year but i see Darron "Lightning" Lee (yes i call him lightning) comes in as a very close 2nd for both category's. 

INT's- Vonn Bell led the team here with 6 INTS. I think he repeats as leader in this category. Simply because thats what he does, he finds the ball and takes it. Now Eli Apple's INT number could see a surge simply because hes the unknown #1 Corner i could see teams picking on him early and often unless he proves himself, if he holds his own he could easily be the #1 INT leader. Eric Smith seems to already have that IT factor working in his favor id look for him to put up some good numbers as well 

Replacing 4 Starters on Defense doesnt seem like it would be that bad, and its not, though finding people to take up where those guys left off could be difficult at first and Virginia Tech will be a good indicator on who's got the moxie to make a difference impact on the season.

Who are your 2015 stat leaders?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 23 Comments