Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Projecting Redshirt Freshmen Contributors

0 HS
buckeye phi's picture
August 20, 2015 at 4:43pm
30 Comments

Vico put out an article this morning on Projecting True Freshmen Contributors.  I thought it might be interesting to follow that up by Projecting Redshirt Freshmen Contributors

If last season was any indication, this may actually be the more meaningful question.  Billy Price, Jalin Marshall, JT Barrett, Darron Lee and Eli Apple were all redshirt Freshmen last year.  And it's certainly safe to say they all contributed mightily to the team's success.

There will probably be less opportunity for as many redshirt Freshmen to step in to major roles this season, so I'm only picking two:  Paris Campbell on offense and Sam Hubbard on defense. 

Campbell - because Zach Smith has referred to him as the fastest of our wide receivers - and we're looking for our next Devin Smith-like deep threat.  Plus, he was in on those late night workouts with JT and Braxton.  That could be worthy of note. 

Hubbard - because UFM called him "unblockable" in practice last year and almost burned his redshirt late in the season.  Plus, he put in some major work with Coach Mick in the offseason - he's 6'5" - 265lbs, now.

I considered Marshon Lattimore as well - but he just can't seem to stay healthy.

I'd be interested in hearing other opinions - before I shoot them down -

Here are our redshirt Freshmen for 2015: 

QB - Stephen Collier.  WR - Terry McLaurin, Paris Campbell.  OL - Demetrius Knox, Brady Taylor and Kyle Trout.  DE - Samm Hubbard, Darius Slade and Dylan Thompson.  LB - Kyle Berger.  CB - Marshon Lattimore.  Safety - Malik Hooker.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 30 Comments