Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Urban Meyer tells about The Rivalry in ESPN Article. And You?

0 HS
SilverHaven's picture
August 11, 2015 at 12:40am
33 Comments

Urban Meyer gives some "personal" feelings about The Rivalry in this ESPN article about the similarities of Harbaugh and Meyer.

"It's personal when I look across and see the winged helmets and their coaches and their players... I've been in rivalries. Utah-BYU. Bowling Green-Toledo. Florida, we had three: Florida State, Tennessee and Georgia. You make them personal, but they're not. I didn't grow up disliking Georgia. When I was 6, I was thinking about this rivalry. This one's seared on your soul. It's ingrained through every part of your body... I don't know him [Harbaugh]. I know the name. I know what he's done. I'm sure when you cut him open, this rivalry's all over the place. There's no rivalry between the two of us. But he grew up in the era too. This guy gets it. He was a part of it. This is very personal on both sides."

In your heart of hearts, how does The Rivalry feel to you?  When did it happen?

This insightful ESPN article is at the following link: http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13330546/michigan-jim-har...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 33 Comments