Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Big Hank killing it with the Giants

0 HS
toad1204's picture
August 10, 2015 at 10:22am
8 Comments

The NFL keeps getting value draft picks from the Buckeyes in the late rounds that are paying huge dividends.  The 2014 OL draft, Mike Bennett this year.  Big Hank was definitely one of those value picks at the 49th over all pick. Many considered him a mid to late first round talent which is now showing entering his third season with the Giants.

He probably was one of the team's top defensive players (albeit on a bad defense) last season, and many of the websites that use numbers and analytics to rank players routinely name him as one of the big up-and-comers in the NFL. He could be poised for a Pro Bowl push if the Giants put up respectable stats as a unit this season. But a defensive tackle rarely is a star, and for Hankins, that's fine.

"I won't say it bothers me as long as I'm out there stopping the run and doing what I have to do," he said of being overlooked by many fans.

"I think they'd have four ends out there if they could," Hankins said. "The year I had last year, getting pushes and getting sacks, I think it's opened the eyes of the coaches that they can leave me out there on third downs just to give the ends a break.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/giants/giants-johnathan-hankins-o...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 8 Comments