Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

And That's Why I Married Her ...

0 HS
MotownBuck's picture
August 5, 2015 at 11:41am
124 Comments

Forgive me warriors for I have sinned. Well not really. But I haven't been on in awhile. I guess it was due to the shame of my son finally making his college decision. *Deep sigh* He's … he's … he's staying home and going to This School Up North. Maybe I should've given him more hugs growing up. I'm going to need your support brothers and sisters. In all seriousness, Ohio State was his first choice (He's wearing his Buckeye hoodie on his UM student ID!!), but it's a long story and I'm very proud of him and the full scholarship he earned.

BUT ... last week my wife and I were on campus for a 2 1/2 day student/parent orientation. At the end of day one, when people were drained from looking at yet another self aggrandizing Powerpoint, the overly caffeinated presenter decided to stop the presentation and try to get the room "pumped!" He runs over to the middle of the stage and in very dramatic fashion (must be a theatre major) bellowed:

"Feel the energy!! It's Fall!! November!! Blue and maize is everywhere!! You're in the Big House!! Surrounded by 100,000 brethren!! The Crowds going crazy!! It's fourth quarter!! We're up by 3 touchdowns!! It's against …. OHIO STA…."

and before he could finish ...

"HA HAHAHAHA HA!!!!!!!!!!!! That's NOT EVER Gonna happen cap'n!! HA HA HAHAHA!!!" My wife yelled/laughed from the back row.

Talk about the longest pause in history before he tried his best to keep his composure while the room grumbled then fell silent as he helplessly tried to lead everyone in doing the wave.

It was a magic sniper bullet, she took out the entire effing room with one shot. It was glorious. 

And THAT is why I married her.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 124 Comments