Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

This Date In Gray Box History: Darryl Baldwin (7-19)

Matt Gutridge's picture
July 19, 2015 at 10:18pm
6 Comments

This series will highlight the commitment anniversary date of Ohio State players. I have commitment dates from 2003-2015.

Note: I don't have all of the commitment dates for all of the players from those years, but I have the majority. 

Darryl Baldwin

Darryl Baldwin had a 3 Star rating and was the No. 44 ranked DE in the 2010 recruiting class according to Scout. 

ON JULY 19, 2009 DARRYL BALDWIN (SDE) COMMITTED TO OHIO STATE

Excerpts from cleveland.com:

Solon defensive end Darryl Baldwin gathered his teammates Sunday afternoon and made the call. Who to? Ohio State coach Jim Tressel.

Baldwin, a 6-6 1/2, 265-pound senior, gave Tressel an oral commitment to play for the Buckeyes after graduating in 2010.

[...]

"It was real important to have his teammates there with him when he made the call," Solon coach Jim McQuaide said. "He decided Ohio State was the right place. One of the main reasons was he felt most comfortable there, and they've been on him the longest, since he was a sophomore. There's some familiarity, and the family can see him play. He's an Ohio guy and he had a great relationship with coach [Taver] Johnson and coach Tressel."

Darryl Baldwin played offensive tackle for the Buckeyes.

Darryl Baldwin played offensive tackle for the Buckeyes.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 6 Comments