Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

This Date in Gray Box History: Dan Herron (7-10)

Matt Gutridge's picture
July 10, 2015 at 9:07pm
11 Comments

This series will highlight the commitment anniversary date of Ohio State players. I have commitment dates from 2003-2015.

Note: I don't have all of the commitment dates for all of the players from those years, but I'm working on it. 

Dan Herron

Dan Herron did not have a comp. rating on 24/7. He was ranked the 27th best RB in the 2007 class by Scout.com.

ON JULY 10, 2006 DAN HERRON (RB) COMMITTED TO OHIO STATE

The only information I could find on Dan Herron's commitment was from a piece called Straight 6 with Dan "Boom" Herron on Buckeyeplanet.com by a member named Worm02:

Dan "Boom" Herron entered this off-season a little bit under the radar. While that sounds strange for someone with Herron's offer list (Akron, Boston College, Cincinnati, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan State, Minnesota, and Purdue), he had to go the extra mile to attract interest from his original top two of Ohio State and Michigan. Spending a lot of time on the track and in the weight room, Herron bulked up to a solid 200 pounds before going on a serious camp run, convincing both Ohio State and Michigan that he was worthy of an offer. He ended the suspense early as he committed to Ohio State on July 10.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 11 Comments