Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

More likely to happen? Bosa vs. Barrett

0 HS
RunEddieRun1983's picture
July 5, 2015 at 2:29pm
18 Comments

My pick for the last several weeks to win the starting job is JT Barrett.  He was just too damn good last year, so this question is of course assuming I'm correct in that pick.

In your opinion, what is more likely to happen...?  Joey Bosa breaks the single season sack record?  Or JT Barrett breaks the single game TD pass record?

Think about his, both have been within 1 statistical measure of breaking those respective records:

Bosa had 13.5 sacks last year (.5 within the record set by Vernon Gholston)

And Barrett threw 6 TD passes against Kent State tying Smooth KG's record of 6 set against Florida A&M

So for you, which is a more realistic, and likely accomplishment?  Or would you say they're both likely to happen?  If so... When?

If JT is to break that record I'm saying it's against Hawaii or maybe Indiana since they don't believe in Defense.

Bosa, should he reach 14.5 or greater, I'd say it would be earlier than most think.  I think the D-line will be a strength this year, and Bosa will benefit most from having disruptive players around him.  I think he could have the record before we play TTUN.

But in terms of the question of which one is more likely?  I'm going with Barrett since he's already been within 1 pass of the TD record, and he will be throwing the passes.

Bosa could, should, and maybe will get the sack record but he is going to command a ton of attention for opposing offenses.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 18 Comments