Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Concerns with the DL?

0 HS
awlinBrutus's picture
July 5, 2015 at 10:18am
60 Comments

no i'm not saying the sky is falling but our DL recruiting hasn't exactly lit the world on fire as of late. although not as bad as the OL recruiting in 13 & 14, where we missed on several JC offensive lineman. eventually Coach Meyer will land a blue chip DT. In the mean time I think we could get help on the inside from guys like Dylan Thompson 6-4 275 and Jason Cornell 6-4 260 have the frames to play inside a little. As much as the coaches like talking about Hubbard he could possibly play a few snaps a game inside to give the big boys a breather as well. Tracy Sprinkle may be able to help inside also. Bosa,Schutt,Washington and Lewis backed up on the inside by Hale,Hill,Munger,Hamilton,Cornell,Alabi,Landers and Sprinkle. @ DE Fong,Holmes, Dremont Jones (probably big enough to play a little inside), Slade and Rashod Berry who I think could be the surprise contributor from the 15 class. I'm probably missing a few. After lookin @ all the bodies we have I'm not nearly as concerned about the DT depth. I think as more time goes by Coach Johnson will have more and more impact on the development of our young DE's and DT's. I'm really hoping we see  a deeper rotation than last year, in conference play at least. What say you?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 60 Comments