Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Hypothetically speaking: Tom Herman next tOSU head coach?

0 HS
Urbz4President's picture
July 4, 2015 at 2:11am
37 Comments

Alright, this may have been discussed, I really haven't visited the forums in a number of months. But now that I can smell the 2015 campaign creeping into my daily consciousness, I figured this would be a good time to reconnect. 

As I've stated, football is back on the brain, folks. Now that I've had some time to let this past season settle in, it's truly becoming glaringly apparent how great of a coach we had in Tom Herman (disclaimer: I've seen the Alabama/Herman threads. I don't give a shit). 

It is of my belief and opinion that Herman is destined to be one of the next great College Football coaches. I predict for him to have great success in Houston for a program of it's size. It will only be a matter of time before larger schools come calling. 

Meyer is high intensity, we know that. Coaches like him have a high burnout rate. I believe he will retire at Ohio State. Almost certainly in the next decade. 

I could ultimately see him being asked to come back to OSU for the HC job when that time comes, assuming another equally as large program (Tennessee, Texas, ect) doesn't get him first. 

I suppose this thread is more of a statement of opinion and a spark for some interesting conversation. Would you welcome it? Does anyone else think that he may be next up? Do you think he will see head coaching success? Or is he too one-dimensional and will eventually settle in for a life-long career as an OC? 

(sidenote: Fall camp is roughly a month away. Re-read that last sentence 3 times out loud.)

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 37 Comments