Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

5 Reasons Why a 2016 Title Will Be A More Impressive Feat By Urban

0 HS
ohioscott's picture
June 26, 2015 at 4:09pm
37 Comments

I wrote this for something else but thought I would share it with my 11W brethren to be discussed. And because as an American I am narcissistic and need some Stuart Smalley sort of validation :-)

Here are 5 reason why I think a 2016 National Championship will be a more impressive feat for coach Urban Meyer then the 2015 team of destiny ...

1) Expectations - always high in Buckland, but coming off a Natty and with everyone including Vegas and even ESPN predicting a deuce, Urban will need to do some head deflating and keep them focused between the lines.

2) Schedule - while I have mad respect for the MAC, there is no way that anything less then 28 point victories against NI and WM earns us anything at years end should we find ourselves in a logjam of zero or one loss teams. Plus with Maryland, PSU, Minny, and Sparty all at home, that leaves only V-Tech and TTUN as the big road trip wires, and those are the two we want baaaaaad. Urban will need to psych the boys out of this ez schedule talk, which may be tough when you line up at home against Hawaii.

3) Abundance of Wealth - I don't know if anyone noticed but we have 3 QB's who are pretty good. With the stat spouting and all the endless transfer and position change speculation that has went on since January; we are getting closer to the put up, or pretty please shut-up time. Urban will somehow need to make sure he doesn't find himself in a situation where he is backstage in a torn up trashed dressing room telling Mariah Carey she may get to sing next week after Beyonce and Christina Aguilera just brought down the house.

4) Holes! What Holes? - While the many shoes to fill last year became a team of destiny filled with what ended up being that great mixture of leadership and young talent too green to know they were doing things they weren't suppose to be doing, this year the pressure is more intense. And while all the magazines tell us the cupboard is not only stocked but running over and while yes, Kwon and Vannett both will slide in nicely,  that still leaves holes. Urban still has 2 big boy WR holes from the Devin & Evan show, and 2 more on the DL, Bennett was a force, and remember Steve Miller played well down the stretch. Every team is looking for shut down corners and with Doran Grant gone, so are we.

5) Those Ass Coaches - All great head coaches must overcome losing great assistants, it comes with the winning that makes them great head coaches. But it's a little eerie when you think that after the last NC that Urban won his offensive coordinator (Dan Mullen) left, he elevated his offensive line coach (see Ed Warinner) to OC, and his NC winning QB decided to not enter the draft (see Cardale Jones). And while there are no Alabama's on the schedule for Urban to lose too, like there was for the 2009 Gators, there will be in the playoffs. Urban will need to up his attention to O after losing the father figure to both of his offensive strength positions QB (Herman) and RB (Drayton).

My prediction is not only will we make the playoff, we will be the only unbeaten team to do so. There will be mass exodus of early entries into the NFL draft when a second straight National Title leaves nothing left for the underclassman to prove. Go Bucks!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 37 Comments