Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Bosa vs Decker

0 HS
Bringthejuice's picture
June 18, 2015 at 12:28pm
65 Comments

I've been watching hype videos from spring practice again. It's June....

Anyhow, I realized something as I watched some of the footage--Taylor Decker and Joey Bosa, who face each other every day in everything from 1v1's to inter-squad scrimmages, could likely both be first round picks in next year's NFL draft. Of course, you can't help but conclude that their improvement over the years at TOSU is due, at least to some extent, to the competition they have faced in practice every day. I know that most of the credit for player development goes to the coaching and strength staffs, but the competition between individual players and units definitely doesn't hurt. (((On a related note, if you like to think about the intensity and skill development that comes from our offensive and defensive lines going up against each other in practice, just visualize our DB's vs our WR's, or our RB's vs our LB's. That's some heavy hitting. It's easy to see why so many non-Buckeyes are fearful of the monster that Urban is creating in Cbus.)))

All that to ask the following question--Has there ever been a better OL vs DL individual matchup on the Ohio State practice field than Decker and Bosa?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 65 Comments