Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Did Ohio State's tournament run help preserve future dominance?

0 HS
BlockO's picture
June 14, 2015 at 2:59pm
18 Comments

I've been thinking about the hiring of JH to Michigan and it occured to me that his hiring was unable to make the splash it could have made, due to the incredible championship run by Ohio State. I truly believe that had Ohio State been kept out of the CFP, Michigan would have been able to capitalize on the momentum of their great hire.

The storyline would not have been how many years would it take for michigan to catch up with msu and ohio state, rather it would have included the question of whether Meyer or Dantonio could stop Harbaugh. I also believe that they would have ended up with at least a top 10 class this year. However, as fate saw it, Ohio State won the title and the future is even brighter in the Buckeye State. There is too much talent being reeled in by both msu and ohio state for anyone in the BIG to contend with in the forseeable future. Sorry Michigan, right hire, wrong time.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 18 Comments