Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

News About Braxton May Have Been Too Good to Be True

0 HS
buckeye phi's picture
June 13, 2015 at 12:28pm
79 Comments

Yesterday, there was an 11W article (and a Forum Topic) about a report by 24/7's Alex Gleitman in which he stated "Braxton Miller has been fully cleared to throw the football as of this past Monday (June 8) with no limitations on his surgically repaired shoulder".  Gleitman also cited Dave Biddle as a contributor, by the way.

Turns out that report may not be true.  Both the 11W article and some of the comments following the Forum Topic pointed out that there were some opposing viewpoints out there (most notably from Bill Rabinowitz) - so I started to do a little digging of my own.

The press has had access to several of our coaches due to their participation in the Sound Mind Sound Body Camp.  Apparently none of them are aware of any change in Braxton's status.  I haven't seen it yet, but I've heard the University is actually releasing a statement to that effect.  Even going so far as to say Braxton will be seeing Dr Andrews later this month in hopes of getting such a clearance.

I can think of no reason why anyone would feel a need to be deceptive about something like this.  It would be only positive news.

That is some highly irresponsible journalism by Gleitman, Biddle and 24/7, in my opinion.  You're supposed to have multiple, reliable sources before you release groundbreaking news like that - for this very reason.  I, for one, know where I will Not be going for information of any kind in the future -

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 79 Comments