Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Potential DB Problem??

0 HS
SilverBullets4Life's picture
June 3, 2015 at 11:00am
26 Comments

Coming off of an amazing National Championship run with an incredibly stacked team coming back, one has to look hard to find problems. But I think I found one for 2016 and I wanted to throw it out there. (Disclaimer: I have every faith in Urban and Kerry that this will be a non-issue and that they're out ahead of it, it's the off-season and I don't feel like working right now)

We have 10 DB's on the roster. The 2 deep - CB (Apple, Conley, Webb, Lattimore) & S(Bell, Powell, Smith, Burrows). The remaining 2 have never recorded a tackle (Franklin and Forte). We now have 4 potential DB's coming in in the 2015 class. On paper we should be set right? But I think we're not as deep as we think

If Bell and Apple leave to join Powell in the NFL (very possible) and with Lattimore struggling mightily to stay healthy...could we be a few injuries away from a big problem. EGW might play offense and all 4 incoming freshmen all need time to develop under Mickey.

The 2016 recruiting class has been lights out so far, but its been very quiet at DB (only a 3 star committed). Outside of Hamlin, who will still be tough to pull, there's not a whole lot of top shelf DB's that are looking promising. 

Again, I know we're fine for this year and we're along way from LB 2012 status...but does anyone else think this could be an issue? Your thoughts?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 26 Comments