Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

The Discussion Standard

0 HS
southernstatesbuckeye's picture
May 30, 2015 at 7:21pm
30 Comments

I believe I see a Trend, an Evolution, and a Discovery.

The Trend is simply the fact that the internet is the increasing medium for discussion, and will continue to be.  Trends sometime become standards.

The Evolution is the skyrocketing prestige enjoyed by Eleven Warriors as the premium Buckeye content provider on those interwebs, and free nonetheless.  We've been spoon fed the most delightful array of journalistic delicacies here through the years, from DJ's indiscreetly maniacal entertainment to Ross's laser-sharp takes of old...and all the mix of all the others in between.  Eleven Warriors enjoys an intimacy with the Buckeye program that is trusted by friend and foe alike, and this has led to accurate recruiting predictions, fun player interactions and personal relationships that lead to the superb articles we enjoy here on a daily basis.

My Discovery is that we, the Readers at Eleven Warriors are the "Neilson Ratings" members of the Buckeye fan base.  We are the cross section others see, because this is where the fans and players from other teams come to "see what Ohio State fans are thinking."

We are the Discussion Standard. 

Stop and think about that for a moment.

I guess my discussion question is this...Should we hold ourselves to a higher standard in our discussion because of it? 

For instance, I would prefer that we allow Braxton Miller to have the space he seems to want...respect the fact that he chooses to stay silent.  I wish more kids did the same.  Let's stop nagging him for an answer as to his return.  Our foes all want their chance at bat to try to knock us around any way they can, and the rumor mills are all a part of it.

Well, we are on top of the world right now.  Let's show those subordinate fan bases how grand it is to be a Buckeye!  Let's have a little trust in the football staff and let them do their jobs. 

All we need to do is to figure out how our heads are going to handle back to back championships!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 30 Comments