Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Greatest Coaching Job Ever

0 HS
Icouldnotgofor3's picture
May 30, 2015 at 9:48am
41 Comments

As an avid Buckeye fan I must say that I really have felt blessed after witnessing THE greatest college football season I've ever seen in my lifetime when OSU won the national title in 2014. I've been watching the Buckeyes since at least the mid-60's and recall all the glorious wins and most certainly the most devastating losses. Over that time span, I also was keenly aware of other great players and coaches at various other universities to include Bear Bryant, John McKay, Dick Vermiel and watching players such as John Elway and Lynn Swan play while they were still college kids. 

The 2014 season stands out however for several reasons. Starting with the new offensive line and also a new defensive scheme to implement in the back seven (7) by Coach Ash and Fick.Then the obvious loss of our starting QB to injury when Braxton went down with that season ending injury. Then J.T. steps in after not taking a snap in nearly 2 years and becomes a viable Heisman candidate and Dolodale finishes the season after J.T's injury by dusting highly ranked Wisconsin 59-0, destroying the SEC myth of superiority in the Sugar Bowl against Alabama when the Teflon Wizard ran 85 yards through the heart of the south to win 42-35, and then to clip the high-flying Oregon Ducks and Heisman winner Marcus Mariota in the national title game 42-20.  

I believe that this is the GREATEST coaching job by Urban I have ever seen at any time and at any school in any year by any coach. Some pundits have hinted at the same and have always used the term "may be" the greatest coaching job, but I say IT IS the greatest coaching job ever. Ohio State won the national title not only with a 3rd string QB but also with a roster that was depleted by (3) three scholarship reductions per year since 2012 due to that sanctions imposed by the NCAA in 2011.

Think about that for a minute. The Buckeyes won the national title with a 3rd string QB and a DEPLETED roster. 2015 will be the first season the Buckeyes will be at full strength with the usual complement of 85 players. Greatest coaching job ever IMHO.

Your thoughts?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 41 Comments