Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Tomorrow...The Countdown Begins

Matt Gutridge's picture
May 29, 2015 at 6:59pm
41 Comments
Saturday

Will begin Saturday.

For those of you that liked the Countdown series last year, it will return tomorrow. Last year covered every player to wear a jersey number at Ohio State from 99-1. Nic Miller, Matt Finkes and Blair Conway were nice enough to endure the torture of being interviewed by me.

This year the countdown will put the spotlight on Ohio State's top 100 players using a rubric that I designed to identify the most decorated players for the Buckeyes. *Other awards like the Lombardi, Walker, Ray Guy etc. are not counted. I only used the Heisman, MVP, AA and All B1G awards was because those awards have been around for a long time.

THE RUBRIC
CATEGORY POINTS
HEISMAN 8
NO. RETIRED / HONORED 8
BIG TEN MVP 6
TEAM MVP 5
ALL-AMERICAN 4
CAPTAIN 4
1ST ROUND NFL PICK 4
ALL-BIG TEN 3
ACADEMIC ALL AMERICAN 3
NFL DRAFT PICK 2
ACADEMIC ALL-BIG TEN 1
LETTER 0.25 PER YEAR

*I acknowledge that offensive linemen and defensive players are at a disadvantage due to Heisman and MVP voting

Carter

Carter and the other players listed just missed out "grabbing" a spot in the Top 100 Countdown.

THE UNLUCKY 13. NOTABLE PLAYERS WHO DID NOT MAKE THE TOP 100 (listed in ABC order):

1. Will Allen
  2. Cris Carter
  3. Matt Finkes
  4. Vernon Gholston
  5. Ted Ginn
  6. Terry Glenn
  7. Anthony Gonzalez
  8. Santonio Holmes
  9. Bobby Hoying
  10. Mike Lanese
  11. Jim Marshall
  12. Paul Warfiled
  13. Donte Whitner

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 41 Comments