Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

NFL National Lead Writer Mike Freeman: "Jim Harbaugh second most respected coach in the NFL behind Bill Bilichick"

0 HS
JPBuck's picture
May 8, 2015 at 9:49am
20 Comments

The Bad Coaching Factor: Based on the ones I've talked to, if you polled every assistant coach in the NFL asking what football coach other than Bill Belichick they respect the most, it would be Jim Harbaugh, now at Michigan. The only criticism assistants I've spoken to have of Harbaugh is that he failed to develop Colin Kaepernick once the quarterback became a star. Kaepernick's evolution stopped—suddenly and violently—and that's on Harbaugh.

But this isn't just a Harbaugh issue; it's a systemic problem around the NFL. The league is still having problems developing, and protecting, quarterbacks. Another example was Robert Griffin III. 

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2452764-mike-freemans-10-point-stance-is-an-nfl-quarterback-drought-coming?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Please don't kill me for starting a scUM thread.

Thoughts? Honestly was surprised to read this.  Guys like Payton, Carroll, Reid, the other Harbaugh, etc might be higher in my mind. Then again it's hard to argue with the success he had.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 20 Comments