Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Remembering that awful day in 1969.

0 HS
allinosu's picture
April 20, 2015 at 8:06am
29 Comments

Most everyone has those "where were you when that happened". The younger buckeyes here have 911. I have a few like when Kennedy was shot along with his brother and Martin. But one of those days was the upset of the century as the announcer Bill Fleming put it. I was 14 and my cousins came over that day and a game of football caused us to miss the first half. After all it was only Michigan and we already easily dispatch the only team in the Big Ten that had any chance of beating us the week before. (QB Mike Phipps and Purdue)(Conner Cook and MSU). Then one of the neighbor kids came out and said the impossible, we were losing 24-12. We all ran for the TV and watch in disbelief. And it was for us that team was unbeatable. Time after time we were stopped and that dreaded count down from ten by the Michigan fans. Then the celebration with Jim Mandich being carried by the crowd completely exhausted trying to touch every hand he could. It was over and we sat home watching Michigan in the Rose. That was the moment for me that I hated Michigan with a fiery passion that I still have today. To put it in perspective imagine us going undefeated and #1 this year and losing to Harbaugh and Michigan with having no bowl and watching them in the Rose. I guarantee you will never forget it no matter how hard you try and the rivalry will be stoked for good. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 29 Comments