Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

2016 QB

0 HS
The Clean North's picture
March 28, 2015 at 12:33pm
75 Comments

I love our current QB situation more than any other offseason but then again it is the offseason. I was thinking ahead to what our 2016 QB situation could look like and what the boards thoughts were. I fully expect JT Barrett to win out and be the 2015 starter and have as good as a year he did in 2014 providing he remains healthy. After 3 years with the program he can leave for the NFL. This is Braxton's last hurrah regardless and he will be gone after this season. If Cardale carries his current momentum through the season (he's probably heard everything from high to mid round draft pick if he had declared) as JT's backup he could leave after this season as well.

If this chain of events occurs that would leave us with a vastly inexperienced stable of highly ranked quarterbacks because nobody else is getting playing time this season besides the top 3 guys. I'd be excited to see any of the young guys on the field (Collier, Burrow, Gibson, 2015 recruit) but with a 2016 schedule slate consisting of @Oklahoma, @Wisconsin, @Penn State, Nebraska at home, @ Michigan State, and Michigan at home it could be a wild ride. We will still be stacked so whoever it is will certainly have help. Collier I guess would have the leg up being in for the longest but this crowded quarterback situation could clear up quickly for Burrow or Gibson to be the guy next year. I guess they would have to step foot on campus first for us to really know. 

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 75 Comments