Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Scholarship Grid

0 HS
GranvilleBuck's picture
March 9, 2015 at 11:25am
21 Comments

I certainly don't want to get attacked by people on this forum.  I am  just asking a question. I look at the grid, and I  still count 88. I know they have to be down to 85 around Aug 1 I think. Maybe I count wrong. 

That is three players transferring, or leaving in the next four months. As I look at the grid it seems like having 6 quarterbacks is a luxury they can't afford. The OL and the QB's are the position groups that seem to be well stocked. There are 17 OL. The freshman class has 6 I think. 

I know I have read where people have conjectured that one of the RB's will transfer, but what if not? I know the coaches have a clue as to what is going on within the team, but what if a young man changes his mind, and nobody does transfer? What happens then? 

Is there any possible way they can get reps for 6 QB's? I have never heard of a team having 6 QB's. There is also at least one walk-on QB, maybe two.

I have read on here where people think the freshman long snapper will grey shirt, but is that a fact, or just rumor? And, how does that work? Is he able to use facilities, and practice with the team, but pay his own way for a year? Is that his decision or the coaching staff? 

Are maybe some of the freshman not academically cleared yet? 

Before I get slammed with all the " In Urban we trust" statements please take the time to at least look at the grid. If you hover over football at the top of this screen you can see scholarship grid. The 88 is with the recent medical hardships removed. 

What position group do you see that can afford to lose a player or two?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 21 Comments