Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

The little things you loved about winning the NC

0 HS
BuckeyeMark's picture
February 14, 2015 at 11:13am
96 Comments

Obviously THE greatest thing about winning the NC is that you won the NC (duh!).  Being the undisputed #1 team, last man standing, we won it is just the best.

But along the way there are all kinds of other just extra nice things that make it even more special.  Here's my list of things I especially loved about this National Championship.  Add yours.

* No disputed calls by a ref played any role in the NC - am so sick of "bad call!"  Just great that if anything we got hosed by the refs in the Bama game on un-called PI and a fumble by Bama in their 2 min drill.  We won it anyway.

* Played and beat Bama - if Bama somehow doesn't get in (say TCU got a spot and they didn't) we wouldn't be undisputed anything and ESecPN would be leading that charge.

* How about those unis?  I'm just not a throwback guy and I wince a little when I see our highlights and we're dressed weird.  I like it when we look like the Buckeyes and we wear the best helmet in football.  Guess what?  Those unis for cfb playoff were SWEET!  Love love love'em.

The team is so young - gotta figure there's more special-ness to come.

* Urban seems really happy and relaxed - I don't live with coach so maybe he's about to melt down again but he sure seems different to me.  Loved seeing his wife on the platform for the trophy presentations.

* Learned to like Brutus -  I've never really liked our "where's Waldo" looking mascot. Always thought he was little wimpy looking.  He just didn't do much for me.  Somewhere in this run I just really got to liking him.  Loved the pic of him pointing to the hat at the Sugar Bowl.  Kissing the NC trophy.  Could not get enough of the airplane commecial going to Disney.  Yay for Brutus!

None of those things is as special as winning it all - that's what matters - but it all combines to make the NC season of 2014 one of the greatest of all time!  Go Bucks!

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 96 Comments