Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Current Buckeye QB Futures

0 HS
cinserious's picture
February 13, 2015 at 2:20am
35 Comments

I know there have been countless threads on the three headed monster we have at the QB position and the coming months will produce many more. I'm not going to try to predict how it will turn out but my hope would be that it goes like this: 

#1 starting quarterback is..... Braxton Miller. The 5th year senior has had such a wild ride here and gone through so many coaches, position coaches, and coordinators, Braxton almost feels like a mercenary at this point.

My hope is to see Braxton start and play until about halfway though the 3rd quarter's of games (when the Bucks will be up by 5 TDs.) The remainder of the 3rd and half the 4th goes to Cardale Jones and the rest is left for J.T. Barrett.

I know it doesn't seem fair as all three are equally deserving but I'm looking at it from a 'remanding eligibility' standpoint. I'd like to see Braxton have the type of senior season he was meant to have and parlay that into at least a Heisman finalist. We all know Jones' NFL stock is rapidly rising and about a quarter's worth of work per game can get him some pretty good stats as a 'backup'. Barrett, being only a redshirt soph can get guaranteed work at the end of games to keep improving his game while he would still have two more years of eligibility remaining as the alpha-QB with Brax and (most likely) Cardale off to the NFL. 

While J.T. is getting busy with a Heisman campaign in '16, Steven Collier,Torrance Gibson, or Joe Burrow are learning how to command an offense while getting some meaningful snaps in as well.   

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 35 Comments