Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Who Are Next Season's Surprise Stars?

0 HS
lljjgg's picture
February 10, 2015 at 6:35pm
38 Comments

I realize it's early for this, but I already crave a bit of Buckeye 2015 talk. SIAP, I did a check but didn't find any threads on this!

My breakout/surprise stars for 2014:
Offense - JT Barrett, CJ12, and Jalin Marshall were all breakout stars that I think surprised most of us (less so on Jalin Marshall for me as I expected him to do great things whenever he finally got his chance, but had no idea JT and CJ would start let alone dominate)
Defense - Darron Lee (going to be honest, I had no idea he would be as good as he was at LB, seemed a bit undersized to me watching him in Spring/Fall Camp)

Who do you think will be the breakout/surprise stars on offense and defense next year?
Offense - Mike Thomas (he had a great 2014 season, but I think next year he becomes the focal point of the passing game), Marcus Baugh (caught a TD in his VERY limited play at TE this past season, set to get more playing time with Heuerman moving on to the NFL)
Defense - Dame Webb (I predict he gets a starting CB spot), Marshon Lattimore (forgotten with the season ending injury last season, I think he's too talented to keep off the field next season)

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 38 Comments