Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

LOL Big12 Fans still whining and talking about rather to add teams or not.

0 HS
airbuckeye's picture
February 10, 2015 at 5:37am
43 Comments

ajarkoski says: Feb 9, 2015 2:25 PM

The other big conferences love it too as it gives them the edge over the Big 12. Meyer and Ohio St. loves the GIFT entry into the first college playoff and made the most of it. This conference is delusional and playing themselves out of relevancy and the punchline for annual jokes.

bosb88 says: Feb 9, 2015 2:35 PM

Texas A&M, Nebraska and Missouri all come back to the Big 12. West Virginia is gone. Big 12 has 12 teams, they’re done. Pac 12 has 12 teams, they’re done. Big Ten also loses Maryland, who goes back to the ACC and Rutgers and they gain Notre Dame. The Big 10 has 12 teams, they’re done. ACC gains Maryland and loses Louisville and Pittsburgh, they have 12 teams and are done. SEC will also have 12 teams with A&M and Missouri leaving, they’re done. Create a New Big East conference with UConn, Temple, Louisville, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, West Virginia, East Carolina, Memphis, South Florida, UCF and Tulsa. They have 12 teams and are done.

bamafan1973 says: Feb 9, 2015 5:12 PM

Had the Big-12 had a playoff game, I truly believe that OSU would have been a non-factor, as TCU or Baylor would have had a higher ranking (whichever team won). I have thought about the 8-team playoff. Let me through this out there:

OSU and Oregon played 15-games, while Alabama and FSU played 14-games. The two teams that would make it to the final NC game would be playing 16-games (teams who also play a conference championship game).

The risks of injuries, more time playing, less time for academics (if this is even being considered anymore). I am sure that we can do with less bowl games (39 last season), so use more bowl games to play the quarter and semi-finals. But, as a fan who attends regular season games plus a few away games, AND, a conference championship and/or bowl game, these games are getting out of financial reach of the average fan. More hotels, air fares, tickets, more money for NCAA, at whose expense?
Shall I say the players and the fans?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 43 Comments