Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Most respected and least respected of our Foes

0 HS
NuttyBuckeye's picture
February 7, 2015 at 3:37pm
44 Comments

After this season, I took time to reflect on players and coaches our Buckeyes played against.  I thought about who I have a lot of respect for, and who made my blood boil.  I am referring to both opposing players and coaches.

The opposing player I have the most respect for - by far - is Marcus Mariota.  This young man should be a role model for all young players.  He is very modest, family oriented, and respectful.  He also put up video-game-type numbers his senior season.  He never shows disrespect to his opponent on or off the field, and he leads by example, not by his mouth.  I wish this young man nothing but the very best in his NFL career.  I hope he has a career that will put him in the NFL Hall Of Fame.

Most respected coach would be Jerry Kill.  All this man has been through, and to do what he has at the schools he has been coaching at is pretty damned impressive.  His players seem to love him, he is a player's coach for sure.  My hat is off to him, and I will never say anything bad about this man.

The least respected for me is Melvin Gordon.  I used to like this young man, but after his comments about getting a revenge game against Ohio State, well, he lost me there.  Dude, you got SHUT DOWN, and your team was SHUT OUT.  Get the f- out of here with your lame claim.

Least respected coach - of course - Brady Fat Joke Hoke.  The guy was born and raised in Ohio, and he calls us "Ohio".  I know, I know, you're all going to say he knows our name, but that is disrespectful - and he got what he deserved.  I was always taught that if you want respect, you need to give or show respect.  This guy was and always will be classless ass in my book.

I'd love to hear all others' comments and reasons for your selections.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 44 Comments