Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Big 12 vs Big Ten (Whats your opinion in the future?)

0 HS
Doak412's picture
February 6, 2015 at 4:22pm
12 Comments

Many people wanted to write off Ohio State in favor of one of the Big 12 teams. Recently we all saw Art Briles comment on the number of votes Baylor received vs what Ohio State received. Here's the thing I find puzzling. About half of college football writers and analysts threw up their hands and scoffed at the Big Ten in the playoff. Those same people where quick to defend the Big 12 resumé.  

What really was the Big Twelve's resumé at the end of the season? By writing this I just want my fellow Buckeye fan to see the facts and statistics of the Big 12 this season.  

The Big 12 played 10 non conference games against power 5 conference opponents. They went 4-6. In bowl play they went an abysmal 2-5 worst among ALL conferences. Most of those games where beat downs (see Oklahoma and Texas the conference recruiting darlings). It seemed like the national media failed to mention any of this at all. If this were the Big 10 everyone would have jumped on those numbers in a heartbeat. I'll give the Big 12 that 3 of their power 5 non- conference wins were against B1G opponents (Iowa, Minnesota, and Maryland) but in the future those 3 wins are the last thing that should be weighed in people's perception of Big 12. I watched a lot of games this season and it just seems like the Big 12 doesn't play a lot of defense. Their are some impressive offenses in their conference but Ohio State's run to the championship proved that good defense still exists amongst all these flashy offenses.  I just find it baffling how very few analysts and media pointed out the Big 12 poor bowl season. One big TCU win shouldn't save an entire conference. 

At the end of the day the right team made it. So Art Briles should keep the complaining to himself because the proof is in the numbers...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 12 Comments