Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

For Everyone Upset at the Weber/Drayton Situation

0 HS
kjonesATX's picture
February 6, 2015 at 2:48pm
41 Comments

Disclaimer: I know there are a lot of forum topics about Weber, but this one is a little different, and I didn't see one already linking the story from Texas that I did at the bottom.

Yes, it sucks. Could it have been handled differently? I suppose. But at the end of the day, life isn't fair and you have to move on. What was one of the tools/sayings/mottos used by this team? E + R = O. From an 11W article before the 2013 season:

“E + R = O represents the basic structure of how life works,” Brian said. “Events happen. You choose how to respond and an outcome is produced. The only thing you, I, or anyone has control over in that equation — in life — is how to respond.  We call it ’The R Factor,’ and it makes the difference between a good team and a championship team. It’s not bench press or 40 time or the right play call. It’s how you respond when situations get difficult.”

An event happened, so how Weber chooses to respond to it, will determine how good or bad the outcome is. Life happens, you move on.

Also, this goes on more than you think. Down here in Austin, it's actually worse (if you want to say this is a 'bad' thing), since the recruits are tweeting that they were flat out lied to. Haven't seen that from Weber, but I guess he didn't flat out ask Coach Drayton or Coach Meyer if he would be there next year.

Here is the link to the story about the D-Line coach leaving two days after signing day. I think people acting like the sky is falling the past few days on here need to take a step back. I know we don't have games to distract us from all this, but come on.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 41 Comments