Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Trolling the scUM in Bangkok

0 HS
LeftCoastBuck's picture
January 29, 2015 at 8:10pm
20 Comments

I’m not going to lie; I love trolling the UM faithful wherever and whenever I encounter them in the wild. Other than college football, there is no better sport, nor nobler pursuit. My location for yesterday’s effort: Thai Airlines “Royal Silk” lounge at the Bangkok airport.

I was sitting in a nice comfy chair and working on email when I noticed the god-awful sight of Maize and Blue cruising for a chair. He looked at me, saw my Stanford GSB jacket and decided that he would grace my presence by sitting next to me.

“Hey” he said, “We’ve got your coach”

To which I replied “Perhaps you should send the AD a ransom note”

“That was funny” he snorted, “Harbaugh has come home, we are so excited, next year we are going to tear up Ohio with him at the helm”

Lowering my glasses and looking down my nose “I thought “home” for Harbaugh was in Ohio…..Toledo, right? Didn’t Schembechler and Hoke grow up in Ohio too?”

“Well, yeah…of course” he stammered, “But Harbaugh is a Michigan man. He’ll restore Michigan football to the top of the heap, just like he did at Stanford!” His voice trailing “Didn’t you see the magic he did with Andrew Luck?”

Me laughing now…. “Magic? Harry Potter could wave his wand over Morris or Bellomy until he tore his rotator cuff and those two still wouldn’t be able to throw a spiral with a nerf ball”

“Not true, not true” he countered “Harbaugh will coach them up, you’ll see…..c’mon, you’re a Stanford Alum….you know how good he is” He paused for a second, looked at me quizzically and said “so how do you know so much about Michigan Football?”

As I thought for a second about that, a fellow Buckeye walked up wearing an OSU Alumni sweatshirt. Turning to Mr. scUM I said “Hold that thought” and stood up, looked over at the guy in the OSU sweatshirt and threw a huge “O-H” at him. He looked at me, saw the newly horrified Mr. scUM and shouted back “I-O!!!”

“How do I know about beating Michigan? I’m a Buckeye, that’s how”

He looked at me and said “Jesus Christ…..I fly 10,000 miles and can’t get away from you F*&^ers”

Damn, its great to be a Buckeye.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 20 Comments