Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Stephen Collier (with a touch of JT Barrett enters the Draft in 2016 if):

0 HS
BuckAlum09's picture
January 27, 2015 at 7:42pm
23 Comments

(I promise I combed through the threads to make sure this hasn't been talked about. If it has - I missed it... And I queue up The Heart of the Matter by Mr. Don Henley. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xezg3z5IE8I )

Had a very heated discussion with my buddies today on why Stephen Collier would hang around with so many QB's in the stables (and those coming in in the next year or 2). Those opposed to my (upcoming) theory believe Collier should transfer now bc there is zero playing time here for him at tOSU. I said I believe that Collier knows there's a good chance that all 3 QBS (JT, Cardale and Brax) will be in the draft in 2016, thus the 2016 season will be his shot to shine. Boy did that throw a rusty wrench in their respective tool boxes. More specifically, they thought it was just mind-numbing to think that JT would enter in to the NFL draft for any reason after his RS Sophomore season.

My take on it is: If JT regains his starting position and has another similar star studded season with Heisman clout, awards, stat busting, booty whippin, B1G POY type slamma jamma season. AND he remains virtually injury free (buffer for a sprain here and there because... well... football). And he wins a conference title and takes us to the playoffs. I believe he will go pro shortly after. Why? Great question... let's head there now.

He battled a serious ligament tear coming out of HS. In his first meaningful season back, he sprains a ligament at PSU and then the season ending broken ankle vs TTUN. SO with that being said - IF he has these 2 stellar seasons under his belt (2014 and 2015). Both seasons being very worthy of heisman talk which brings on next level (NFL) talk, and thus draft stock... Being that he has lived through these big time injuries. Adding that he's seen the Marcus Lattimore's of the world and their tragic career endings. JT knows more than anyone that the next play could be his last. I think it is very valid to say JT would exercise his draft stock and go cash that check! (Yes, lots of 'ifs' in my JT theory but hey, it's the off season. What else are we supposed to do?)

And just touching on the other two real quick... Braxton is heading pro no matter what and I believe that regardless of Cardale's role is this season, he finishes his degree as he promised and he goes to the pros.... because well, he has his title. Why wouldn't he go make a million dollars as soon as possible after finishing school? Wouldn't you?

And just to bring it all back around to my opening statement (because I had the best english teacher in America - what up Mr Schott). THAT is why Stephen Collier won't transfer. 

Get money...

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 23 Comments