Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

National Championship/Playoff thoughts

0 HS
JLBNYC's picture
January 23, 2015 at 10:42am
15 Comments

Now that the dust has settled, and I have watched and re-watched the game and post-game analysis and, finally finished purchasing all of my championship gear (at least until they release something new) - I thought I'd share a few thoughts.  Not that its anything truly insightful,  but I will share them nevertheless!

• I was fortunate to have attended the Championship game in person, which was, of course, incredible, but i dvr'd the game and as much post-game analysis as I could. 
    • I thought the ESPN coverage was very good, particularly the film room version, which was highly educational and entertaining.
    • I know some people have criticized Herbie but I thought he did a fine job. Glowing comments about Oregon early on was appropriate- their DL was getting penetration on OSU during the first few series and their offense moved the ball (OSU then spent the next three quarters pounding their DL, which became exhausted).  
    • Saying that Oregon could explode at any minute was a legit comment as well - their offense had shown that capability all year.
    • Post game coverage was solid as well (though, unless i missed it, didn't see as many interviews where players/coaches came to the ESPN booth after the game, as they did at the Sugar Bowl).They gave OSU a lot of credit (I had noticed prior the game that quite a few ESPN analysts picked OSU)
    • Best line?  Post game from one of the ESPN analysts -- "The strategy of letting Ezekiel Elliott run until he gets tired didn't work!"
    • I watched the Pac-Ten network post game as well and they gave OSU credit. Talked about how this is what happens when a fast team (Oregon) runs up against a fast team that is also big (OSU). One of the analysts (Oregon's ex defensive coordinator) said he did a double take when he saw OSU's team at warm-ups -- looked big and strong, like a pro team. Thought Zeke was a LB.
    • Big Ten Network still seems a bit amateurish to me (as was the Pac 12 network, plus Rick Neuheisel is an ass), but they did a decent job. Lots of post-game interviews.
  • The playoffs worked well - its pretty cool that OSU won three post-season bowl games this year (Playoffs plus Big 10 champ).  Beating Oregon and Alabama on the field seems to have silenced all/most critics. Only the most delusional TCU fans seem to have an issue  (other than Briles, who is still whining)
  • On the way out of AT&T stadium i saw a Michigan fan and TCU fan, each decked out from head to toe in their respective team colors -- I laughed hard.
  • Saw many sad Oregon fans at the airport the next day. I didnt taunt, but I did smile, wearing an OSU hat and sweatshirt.
  • I will enjoy this for a very long time (I've been a fan for over 40 years and this is the most amazing Buckeye team i've ever seen)

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 15 Comments