Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

Jalin Marshall: starting H-back or starting WR (2015)?

0 HS
ShawneeBuck74's picture
January 23, 2015 at 10:28am
22 Comments

We have an embarrassment of riches at the H position, but we're losing two seniors at the WR spots (Smith & Spencer).  My theory is that this would put Jalin on the field with Dontre Wilson  & Michael Thomas for the most reps. I see Jalin as a more athletically gifted Evan Spencer, but they appear to be about the same size build (Evan is 6-1, Jalin is 5-11 & both are solidly 205-210lbs). 

Michael Thomas definitely starts again next year & though Corey Smith may have the early shot due to seniority/potential - I'm not sure he evolves into that other reliable guy (in all phases of the game). Reliability is huge to Meyer (hence his loyalty to Spencer).  Corey Smith - though he grew on me for his special teams play - still seems really inconsistent (drops, catching ball w/his body, NC fumble).

I think we'll have a healthy rotation again next year.  I could see the depth chart like this: 

WR1 - Michael Thomas OR Johnny Dixon, Terry McClaurin 

WR2 - Jalin Marshall OR Corey Smith, James Clark 

H - Dontre Wilson OR(maybe Braxton Miller), Paris Campbell 

Big H/Fullback - Noah Brown 

That still leaves out some talented guys.  Man, we have a lot of playmakers to be excited about.  

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 22 Comments