Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

How QB Friendly is our offense?

0 HS
js2378's picture
January 21, 2015 at 6:59pm
5 Comments

I wonder how much of the success of our QBs can be attributed to how QB friendly the system is.

It doesn't look like the QB is responsible for checks at the line as everyone looks to the sidelines before each snap. 

Our running game is dominant. The zone read is hard to do properly, but the film room coaches mentioned that Cardale wasn't reading in the National Championship game; it was straight hand-offs in the 2nd half and we still ran the ball consistently well. 

The passing game seems to be full of high-low, single read options (the sail concept that we threw on 3rd and forever when we were backed up on our 3 yard line in the National Championship game), and play-action off of our dominant run game.

I don't want to take anything away from our QBs, but the system seems to be designed so well for them to succeed. As long as they know their keys and execute, they will put up heisman level numbers. I almost want Urban to give the world the middle finger and repeat next year with Collier. Just because he can.

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 5 Comments