Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State Football Forum

Ohio State football fan talk.

How did you, 11W faithful, help the Buckeyes win the National Championship?

0 HS
BUCKEYE3M's picture
January 21, 2015 at 1:02pm
67 Comments

On Monday, September 8, 2014, I walked into work, went directly to the kitchen, took my Ohio State mug out of the cabinet, placed it inside of two plastic bags, and slammed it down on the floor.  People looked at me like I was crazy while I picked it up without saying a word and threw it away.  You see, it wasn't just any mug.  It was a mug with commemorating the undefeated 2006 season, and declaring a date in the BCS Championship Game in Arizona.  I bought it when I was home, in Ohio, that year for Christmas, so the misery had not yet descended upon us.  So, yeah, we all know how that worked out.  I have been talking about the jinx on that mug for years, but never went through with destroying it.  Frankly, I have marked that moment in time as the beginning of the end of life as we knew it as Buckeyes fans.  From that game forward, it seemed like bad luck loomed everywhere.  Even when we won the Sugar Bowl, they managed to rip it away.  Fast forward back to the game that we have had rubbed in our faces all year - after the VT loss, I had simply just had enough.

When the natty rolled around, I also wore my torn up Nike shirt that I bought for the 2012 season.  Each year I buy a new "game day shirt" and of course, that one went undefeated.  I retired it because it got torn in a fluke dryer incident.  However, I packed it when I went to Indy, wore it on New Year's Day, and had to wear it again last Monday night.

Cynics, please, we all know we don't influence the game, but for those of us who have any athletic superstitions, we can't help ourselves.  This just got me wondering what some of you did to put out that good mojo and help our boys get it done.  What say you, 11W?

This is a forum post from a site member. It does not represent the views of Eleven Warriors unless otherwise noted.

View 67 Comments